Monday, February 18, 2008

Roberto de Vicq vs. Brooke Shields


Wow. When I saw the book (top) at the bookstore, I thought I'd ask Ali who designed it. Little did I realize it was a reprint of the novel originally published in 1981 (?) that was the basis of the Brooke Shields film. OMG! Needless to say, we've come a long way since the 80s. Still, I totally LOVE the movie poster. Thing is, the book is about two teenagers in love. The guy is OBSESSED with the girl, to the point where his love is a disease and causes him to commit crimes. I love the way he's totally lost in fantasy, while Brooke's eyes are open, as if she's thinkinig "something's weird here...". Or maybe she's thinking "I wonder if I'll ever work with Kathy Griffin..."

What I love most about the cover is the endless kerning of the title.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What I love most about this post is that you used the word kerning. P.S. The girl with her head on the table is pretty much how I felt after seeing the movie Endless Love, one more in a string of Brooke Shield nude flicks before becoming Kathy Griffin's bitch in Suddenly Susan.
P.P.S. Isn't Suddenly Susan an awesome exclamation? Like Jesus Christ. Suddenly Susan!